Research & Reproductions
The DuPage County Historical Museum has a wealth of resources for history and genealogy researchers studying DuPage County and its residents. The Research Library and Vertical Files are open to the public during the Museum’s regular hours of operation. Materials in the Archives can only be viewed by making an appointment. All Museum materials must be viewed on-site.
Archival Research Materials:
- Photographs and images
- Personal papers
- Organizational records
- Letters and diaries
- Oral histories
- Maps and platbooks
- Real estate records (1950s-70s)
- City directories
- Rare books
Research Library and Vertical Files Materials:
- DuPage County history books
- Memoirs and biographies
- Census records (1840-1870)
- Index of public domain land sales
- Copies of maps and plats
- Newspaper clippings
- Research documents
- Regional and national history books
The Research Library
Museum staff can assist guests with research on a limited time basis. Research requests can be submitted through our online form, by mail or by contacting the Museum front desk at 630-510-4941. Research requests may take up to two weeks to complete.
- DuPage County Residents: First 30 minutes free, $25 for each additional research hour (no-prorating)
- Non-County Residents: $25 per hour (no-prorating)
The Museum offers printed reproductions of photographs, images, maps, and archival documents for patrons. Price is based on size, quantity and usage. For details, submit a request through the online form or contact the Museum Curator at 630-510-4958. Requests for reproductions of photos and maps may take up to three weeks to process.
Black and White Copies
- Copies of books and materials in the research library are $0.10 per standard size sheet.
- If staff is available and simple copy requests are received before 12:30P on a regular business day, they may be picked up at 3P the same day. If requests are made after 12:30P, copies may be picked up the following day after 12:30P. Photocopies from special collections or archives may take longer to complete.
Postcard image of Northside Park, c. 1940
1862 DuPage County Map
The Museum currently has reproductions of the 1862 DuPage County Map for sale in the Museum Gift Shop. For more information, please contact us.
1862 Map of DuPage County